Sunday, August 14, 2011

On our way home: Monday 15th August


We are on our way back to Denpasar today.  We stayed in Manado last night in order for us to get our early flight. Yesterday we hiked the Mahawu volcano  and visited a sacred cave of the Minahasen people. We then completed our final interview with Dr Levi Golioth.  Dr Levi Goliath has been an essential part of this trip, without his guidance his connections and passion for the same vision this would not be possible. The past week has been such an adventure and I almost can’t believe it has really happened. Leaving North Sulawesi this morning I felt like I had achieved something, I felt as though I had figured out one of my goals in life. Its feels good.  I’m sitting here on the plane and seeing Serge, Jase and Dad all asleep, and I think how lucky I am to have such an amazing team that believed in my vision. The team worked so hard this week, long hours driving village to village, many hours in the car, lots of problem solving and also a need to put our own needs aside and stay focused. Sergio has been outstanding. Without his dedication, ability to assess a community need’s, support of my plight and constant attention to detail this week would have been so much more difficult. Jason Prowell has a talent that has brought Learn to Live to life for everyone at home and throughout the world. There was not one moment that he was not there with his camera filming and shooting. His meticulous routine daily of ensuring all our documentation has been backed up and organized has been essential in the success of ‘Learn to live’. My Dad, Karel Turang has been the best advisor any person could ask for. Without his knowledge of the area in which he grew up, his bilingual command of both languages and most of all his constant support for his hyperactive, on the go daughter we would not be flying home satisfied with our week’s mission. Rest up team, we are almost home.  See you next year!
Terimah Kasih.
Love Yanti